This workshop is aimed at giving participants a few tips on photographing still life.
Firstly, what is still life ?
What do you think ?
Let’s discuss it on the night.
ISSUES TO BE COVERED:
– Arrangement of objects
– Lighting – natural (although a bit hard to replicate onThurs), introduced lighting (constant
lighting, strobe or flash), reflected, diffused, the inverse square rule, shadows, highlights, etc
– Settings, including surfaces and backgrounds
– Composition – camera position and angles, considering shape, geometry, balance, odds,
– Choice of lens – bring a range (35mm, 50mm, zoom24-103mm, macro)
– Camera settings – shutter speed, aperture, ISO, focus stacking, etc
– Objectives – for art’s sake, a pleasing image, product images, etc
You will no doubt take your raw files home and work on them to produce the final images you want.
WHAT TO BRING
– Camera, lenses, tripod
– Items to photograph – plants, toys, clothes, other objects of interest such as old cameras.
– Fabric – black, red, whatever might be suitable for a particular arrangement
– Lights if you have them, including speedlights, photo light box.
PLEASE LET PAUL B KNOW WHAT LIGHTING YOU INTEND BRINGING email email@example.com
We expect to be able to set up a number of “studios” to give everyone lots of opportunities to play.
NEW MEMBERS WELCOME